Sometimes there just isn’t enough time in the mornings to squeeze in a proper breakfast! When there is little time to spare, this smoothie is perfect for making sure you’re getting what your body needs. It’s packed with nourishing seeds and oats combined with the sweetness of strawberries and honey. This Super smoothie is my favourite breakfast when time is of the essence… & it tastes amazing!
You will need:
- A handful of fresh or frozen strawberries
- 400ml Milk, such as soya or coconut
- 2 tbsp of oats
- 1 tbsp of honey
- 1 tsp linseeds (flaxseeds)
- Half a tsp chia seeds
Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blitz until smooth. Take it with you anywhere with the peace of mind that you are getting all you need to give your body a healthy start.
- The strawberries give you vitamins and are 1 of your 5-a-day
- The oats provide essential amino acids and slow-release energy to keep you feeling full
- As well as adding a touch of sweetness, honey contains antioxidants to help your cells repair
- The Linseeds are rich in omega-3 essential oils to aid cognitive function and to benefit your skin, hair and nails. They are also another source of amino acids
- Chia seeds are rich in fibre to promote digestive health and keep you feeling full.
- Depending on what kind of milk you use, you’ll be fuelling your body with calcium, added vitamins and protein.
A few months after drinking this smoothie every morning, I noticed a big difference in my hair and nails which are now much stronger and in much better condition. It is also a great pre and post-workout as it’s full of protein 💪🏽
I would love to hear your ideas! Comment below to share your go-to breakfast…
With love, Andrea